Clinical Education Officer ref 2709
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Administration
Hours: full time
Salary: starting at £28,936 and rising to £32,548 per annum
Placed on: 01 December 2017
Closing date: 11 January 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
BSMS is looking to recruit an experienced administrator preferably with a financial background to be a part of a newly formed Quality Assurance and placements team.
About the role:
- Reporting to the Quality and Placements Manager.
- To manage the contracts, service level agreements and financial undertakings associated with the delivery of undergraduate medicine placements by NHS and 3rd party providers.
- Work closely with senior members of BSMS faculty, especially the Director of Undergraduate Studies, and with appropriate colleagues in other administrative, academic and clinical units in the parent universities and partner NHS trusts.
- Experienced in negotiation and service delivery.
- Able to develop close and effective working relationships with colleagues and to maintain a professional demeanour whilst working under pressure.
- The ability to interpret complex agreements and financial data is essential.
We are looking for someone who has extensive administrative experience in a demanding environment, ideally including the support challenges of negotiating with external providers. You will need to work effectively as part of the BSMS undergraduate curriculum team; taking responsibility for delivering to own targets and ensuring that priorities are met.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.