Dr Bertram DüringWelcome to my homepage. I am Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at the Department of Mathematics at University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.
My mathematical interests are modelling, numerics, and analysis of partial differential equations, with an emphasis on applications from finance and socio-economics.
I also hold the following administrative roles:
- Director of Doctoral Studies (School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences)
- Co-convenor, MSc Financial Mathematics and MSc Corporate and Financial Risk Management
- Senior Tutor for Mathematics Postgraduate
News & Events:
- Summer School: Numerical Methods for Stochastic Differential Equations, 2-4 Sept 2013, Vienna
- Minisymposium `Microscopic and Mean Field Models in Socio-economics and Life Sciences' at SIAM DS13
- ICIAM 2011 talk highlighted in SIAM News December issue
- Minisymposium `Mean-field and Kinetic Models in Socio-economics and Life Sciences' at ICIAM 2011